Robinson defines creativity as “the process of having original ideas that have value”.
It differs from imagination, which is the ability to bring to mind things that aren’t present to your senses. “I think of creativity as putting your imagination to work.1 Aug 2016
He asked the question – Do schools kill creativity – what is your answer?
If our purpose is to inspire young people, should we try to promote creativity at all stages of the process of teaching and learning.
This session will help senior leaders understand the need for building creativity into the curriculum and enjoy a glass of wine at the event.
About the event
- This session will help senior leaders understand the need for building creativity into the curriculum and enjoy a glass of wine at the event
- Teachers, curriculum designers and creative professionals will share their knowledge and insights on the value of creativity in the curriculum, embracing the use of technology to impact the quality of learning.
- ISCDigital in collaboration with EdTechUK as part of EdTech Week 2020
- You will hear from each of the speakers in the first half of the session, followed by a short break, before a panel discussion in the final hour.
- Do you have any questions for the panel about implementing creativity in the curriculum?
- More info, registration and a link to the session will be put her on Wednesday – https://iscdigital.co.uk/creativity-in-education/
The event is free to attend and the first 50 applicants will receive a free bottle of wine from our Sponsors iSAMS to help them enjoy and participate in the fireside chat!
Do register and you will be able to enjoy a bottle of wine or non alcoholic bevarage too.
All starts at 4 pm – Speakers in Order:
- Dave Coplin will introduce session, define creativity and then each of the speakers will talk about their short 2 minute video roughly 6 minutes total each. We will share a link to the session on the website but we want to put your Bio and links to your work on the website before hand so you can refer to it in you talk.
www.theenvisioners.com The Rise of the Humans
https://vip.charanga.com/log-in/ User: aacollab Pass: 7qdw
- Joe Moretti, Apple Distinguished Educator, Worldwide iPad in Education Consultant, Music Technology Specialist, Pro Musician
Sleuth IT Adventure Games for Literacy http://sleuthit.com
- Erin Corder, Assistant Headteacher at Denbigh High School developing a Creative Arts curriculum.
- Ian Phillips, Assistant Headteacher – Director of Computing and ICT at The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School, and Chair of ISC Digital Strategy Group
- Here are some of the projects I will refer to tomorrow in talking about how to develop creativity.
- Bloodhound Rocket Competition 9 Jun 2017 To celebrate the end of their examinations, Year 7 spent Friday 9 June firing rocket cars and measuring their speed using micro:bits.
- BloodHound Gallery
Saul asks hard questions of Microsoft VP Saul asks hard questions of Microsoft VP 2 Dec 2016
- Habs Extreme Visit showing their ongoing partnership with the school, which we saw in their generosity with the Bloodhound project in the summer
Prep eCadets Teach Teachers 9 Dec 2016 boys from the Prep Coding Club, our eCadets, taught their teachers …
- Learning Faster in a Virtual Reality Classroom
- A Pearl of Wisdom: Google Spotlight Visit Habs 23 Mar 2018. I hope your dreams Don’t feel small
- BETT 2018: Using virtual reality for deeper learning Ian Phillips and @HabsBoys discussed how virtual reality can
- Virtually Collaborating
- Virtual Futures
- Missing: 24 Boys Lost in Virtual Reality
- Ian Phillips Slideshare
- Nick Corston David Grant on BBC says :’Man on Mission’ with @ST3AMCoAs you can see in this clip live streaming off our half size cardboard pyramid stage from a Glastonbury Festival
Nick Corston MEng MIET FRSA
@nickcorston @st3amco www.steamco.org.uk
“Nick is the King of Lockdown” David Grant MBE on the BBC
“STEAM Co. is doing fantastic work. it’s putting the ‘A’ back in, for the arts” : Sir Ken Robinson
“Take the argument for art in education to head teachers” Matt Hancock MP, when Culture Secretary
“What you’re doing is absolutely brilliant” Matthew Taylor, CEO The RSA
5 minute Set up Break
Then Ty and Dave will ask questions of the Panel
- Max Wheeler, Programme Director of VIP Studio Sessions at Charanga Music and author of Multimedia Youth Music Materials
- Erin Corder, Assistant Headteacher at Denbigh High School developing a Creative Arts curriculum
- Genevieve Smith-Nunes, PHD Candidate, University of Cambridge, currently looking at where the worlds of classical ballet & computer science collide
The first 50 applicants will receive a free bottle of wine from iSAMS to help them enjoy and participate in the fireside chat!
Have a look at previous talks with Dave Coplin below.